Professional Sound

Monday, July 6, 2009

Canadian band "MANTECA" is back!


When it comes to music I mainly listen to rock, classic rock and the blues. I also enjoy listening to some jazz music and have a few favourites. This year one of my favourite Canadian jazz bands got back together after 15 years and recorded a new CD called "Onward". I first discovered Manteca when I attended Humber College in 1989 for Theatre Arts -Technical Production. At that time Manteca was at the height of their career. After listening to their live CD called "Fire Me Up - Live", I was hooked! I found a youtube video of Matt Zimbel, a member of the group talking about the new album "ONWARD". "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome one of Canada's hottest bands....MANTECA!!!

Click this link to see the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywQWVa6I58

No comments:

Post a Comment