Professional Sound

Monday, July 13, 2015

Making The Live Mix Work No Matter What by Dave Rat

Once again, Dave Rat has written a wonderful article on how to achieve a great sound mix regardless of what happens during the show. Thank you very much, Dave!

As soon as I read this article, I was reminded of a few gigs that went downhill rather quickly and everything went wrong. Yes, I did get upset and yes, I did panic and make even more mistakes. Since then, I have come to realize that staying calm during these situations is the best thing to do.














Dave mentions in his article about taking a step back and assessing the situation while staying calm. More often than not, the problem is usually something that is minor and can be fixed easily with just a little bit of thought and not panic.

Here is the link to article on the Prosoundweb site:
http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/laying_the_foundation_making_the_live_mix_work_no_matter_what/









No comments:

Post a Comment