Professional Sound

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Yamaha MC Series Mixing Consoles - The First Mixer I Learned How to Use

Back in the mid 80s, I was a stage technician in our high school drama club. I can still remember seeing the brand new Yamaha MC1204 Mixing Console installed in the sound/lighting booth. Back then, that mixer would have cost thousands of dollars to purchase!

Now fast forward to 2014 and take note of the following online classified ad for the 16 channel version of the Yamaha MC series console. The seller has had the console serviced and cleaned and it is in excellent condition for its age. Asking $375.00 to buy it.

Even though digital mixers have taken over the concert sound landscape, there are still uses for the classic analog mixing consoles. I wish I could just buy this console considering how inexpensive the price is at $375.00. I would like to purchase the console and enjoy its great, analog sounds!

Check out the pic below:



No comments:

Post a Comment