Professional Sound

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Too Old To Start A Business?

Is there ever an age when you are too old to start your own business?

Personally, I would like to start my own sound company business but, I wonder if I am too old to get into it.
I turned 45 this year and I still would like to put together a sound business. I would only be able to start a "part-time" business because, I still need my full-time job to live and take care of my family.

Currently, I work as freelance sound technician for local bands and events. Usually, I work with sound systems supplied by the artist or the venue. My main goal is to purchase pieces of sound gear and build my  own sound rig. I am 45 years old now and I feel that I am still not too old to work on creating a business. I would like to speak to other people who have done the same thing to see how it worked for them.

If there is anyone out there who has started a business later in life, I would appreciate any advice you may offer for my idea. Please contact me via email with your suggestions.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment