Professional Sound

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Powered Mixer For A Simple Gig

For the simpler kind of sound gig, you can make use of a powered mixer to handle the work!
In a world full of huge sound systems, there are those gigs where "less is more". Coming up I will be mixing sound for 3 bands at the back of a record store. This kind of gig requires minimal equipment so, using a powered mixer is a great choice. Everything I will need is inside the box which allows me to keep the cabling to a bare minimum. Only a small number of inputs will be required for the vocal mics and few instruments. This is where a powered mixer makes light work out of a small gig like this. Below is the powered mixer that I will be using for the gig. I worked the gig last year and it worked so well for the setup.


No comments:

Post a Comment